18 December 2007

Wedding Chapel One. San Francisco





This year, a new sub-tradition of the Christmas tinybuildings came into being. My son and his wife asked me to make tinychapels from the wedding invitations of a couple of their friends-as surprise gifts.

They turned out so nice, and it was such a good idea that I backtracked and made them a wedding 'complex' from their invitation. [I should have thought of this myself, right after their 2005 wedding.]

This 'complex' of tinybuildings came about because I wanted to include all the salient facts about their wedding day- the names, date, location- and to attempt to capture the warm feelings and aesthetic tone of the day.

I think the beautiful blue bird on the invitation inspired a tinybuildings 'first'- the arched roofs. Aren't they beautiful?!!!

A nice result from the multiple-buildings format is that they occasionally rearrange the buildings in their place on a living room bookshelf. I hope when they are doing that, it causes them to re-imagine that happy and beautiful day in their lives...

3 comments:

Maureen said...

the roofs are so unique -- great shapes happening here. You should have been an architect! (maybe you are ...) ;-)

Jax said...

These are a treasure!

Anonymous said...

These are very cute! I think that these would be very successful in catching the attention of the guests, and also letting the guests keep the item. I have visited Silver Screen Invites and the DVD invitations that they have are really good. In fact, the DVDs have a lot of customizations too.