21 July 2007

Blowfish. San Francisco








Blowfish is [I guess it still "is"- I haven't been there in years...] a brash, 'happenin'' sushi place in San Francisco. Its decor is intended to be as*dangerous* as its name implies. I vaguely remember it as dark, with hot spots of lights, noisy maybe...but the noise may have been all visual...

The sushi was yummy. I don't know why we haven't gone back. Could be because there are always newer places to try in that oh-so-receptive city.

The shape of this tinybuilding is also trying to be *dangerous* and noisy. Sort of mysterious and dark inside-and-out. Maybe a sushi speakeasy.....I think this was the first unusual roofline i attempted. Somehow, a hip roof with gables just wasn't gonna say *dangerous*. This tinybuilding is about 1-1/2 inches tall.

c. 2002

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am doing research for my college paper, thanks for your great points, now I am acting on a sudden impulse.

- Kris

plastic business card said...

great article. thank you so much.